Terms of Reference
Civil Society Institute (CSI) is seeking to recruit a Project Officer to work within CSI for five months (from August 1 to December 31, 2017) on implementation of a project aiming at review of physical security of civilians in Tavush region, Armenia. The project is funded by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). Geographic scope of the project: Tavush region: Aygepar, Movses, Baghanis, Barekamavan, Koti, Voskevan, Noyemberyan, Vazashen, Berd, Nerkin Karmiraghbyur, Berkaber, Chinari and Paravakar communities.
1. Desk review of relevant national and local contingency plans; monitoring the implementation of those plans at the community level,
2. Assessment of existing contingency and early warning needs and capacities of communities, including conditions/operability of already existing mechanisms,
3. Development of final gap assessment report with sum up of key findings and a set of specific contingency planning recommendations,
4. Increase the awareness of relevant policy makers and humanitarian actors on the importance to tailor national and local contingency plans and early warning systems to specific needs and capacities of local populations. Inform them about the gaps in early warning systems of the 13 borderland communities,
5. UNHCR reporting: to prepare both monthly updates and narrative reports,
6. Other activities related to the project implementation.
Qualifications and experience
• MA in Political Science, Sociology or relevant fields,
• Minimum 3 years of work experience as a Project Officer or Researcher, work experience in Tavush region and conflict related issues is desirable,
• Proven assessment and analytical report writing skills,
• Proficiency in office software applications (Word, Excel, etc),
• Fluent oral and written Armenian and English languages,
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested applicants should submit their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 23, 2017. The shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Civil Society Institute (CSI) is a non-governmental organization, which aims to assist and promote the establishment of a free and democratic society in Armenia. CSI works on
• Civil society development,
• Penal system reform,
• Human rights advocacy and awareness,
• Political advocacy and lobbying,
• Empowerment of the borderline communities,
• Peace building and conflict management,
• Youth empowerment,
• Promotion of Mediation in Armenia.
More information about the work of CSI can be found online at www.csi.am.